Cheesecake is my partner’s favourite dessert. Absolute favourite. Any special occasion, anniversary or request to bring dessert to a dinner party, cheesecake comes as a suggestion from him. I however, despite my love of food, struggle a little with most cheesecakes, as they are so rich. For this reason, I love this recipe for the lemon/citrus flavor when combined with the raspberries really does make this just as delicious but a little lighter than other cheesecake recipes out there.
- 600g cream cheese
- 200g Arnotts Nice Biscuits or digestive biscuits
- 75g of melted butter
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 150g tub natural yogurt
- 3 medium eggs
- finely grated zest 2 lemons, juice of 1
- 50g plain flour
- 200g raspberries
- icing sugar to decorate (if preferable)
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas and line the base of a 20cm round springform tin with greaseproof paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or in my case using a mortar and pestle. Tip into a bowl with the melted butter and mix well.
- Push the biscuits into an even layer into the base of the cake tin and chill until needed.
- In a separate bowl use an electric whisk to beat the soft cheese with the sugar.
- Beat in the yoghurt then the eggs one at a time.
- Finally beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and flour.
- Fold through two thirds of the raspberries crushing them very slightly so they start to bleed into the mix then tip the mix on top of the biscuit base and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 45 mins then turn off the oven, leave the cake inside for another hour then cool at room temperature.
- Chill overnight.
To serve, remove from tin, scatter with remaining raspberries and dust with icing sugar
All rights reserved © 2014 Kate Vista